Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome To the Jungle (An Introduction)

A friend of mine suggested I start writing a music blog. To which I replied, "I've already got one, and I barely write in it." He said that I should do actual albums, not just compilations. Keep a somewhat of a format for the blog itself.

I discussed this idea with another friend of mine who agreed and said I should start with some classics. This recommendation got me to thinking: "How can I do this and enjoy it while getting people to read it?" After a few beers and further mental deliberation, this idea bore fruit.

This is the my
Five-Fifteen. Within this endeavor,I will (attempt) to review 5 albums per blog, but keeping the reading time to 15minutes or less. This should be interesting as A) there are no boundaries to what albums I review and B)it will take me longer than 15-minutes to not only listen to albums, but write the blogs as well.

I'm no Kerouac, but I'll do my best to entertain, and maybe even educate, through my words and passion for music. If you feel I should hear something, I am definitely open to suggestions--reader be warned, I have a penchant for sticking to Rock n Roll and genres of similar nature.

Wrap your legs round these velvet rims, and strap your arms across my engines!

No comments: